ExperienceOpenX Technologies, Inc. | Pasadena, CA - Software Architect
June 2014 to February 2019
- Mobile Mediation
- Rewarded Video
- Initial GDPR support
- Mobile Video/VAST
- OpenRTB for Supply and Demand
Stockr was a social media platform for the stock market, allowing investors everywhere to share ideas and information with each another. Platform developed on Django, Python, MySQL, CouchDB, RabbitMQ, Nginx. Features responsible for included
- social authentication (Facebook, LinkedIn, Google, etc)
- feed integration using Superfeedr and OpenCalais,
- avatar management,
- overall platform engineering.
- Member of Firmware Infrastructure Team. Focus on Linux kernel and driver development for embedded MIPS, PPC, and x86 systems.
- Involved from initial bringup of new hardware - customize bootloaders (UBoot, CFE), boot flash/EEPROM access, ICE debugging, PCIe access, FPGA interface, etc.
- Work closely with hardware teams throughout project lifecycle.
January 2001 to July 2006
- Firmware engineer responsible primarily for infrastructure on PPC405 and Broadcom MIPS 1125/1250 processors including bootloaders (U-Boot and CFE), Linux kernel (MontaVista), boot scripts, kernel drivers and apps to interface with FPGAs (Xilinx and Altera).
- Developed Hardware Abstraction Layer to decouple fimware apps from hardware (fpgas, leds, ports, etc).
- Member of architecture team assigned to design new product line. Wrote and reviewed design specs and proposals.
- Designed communication protocol for new product line based on XMLRPC.
- Developed firmware in C for XScale processor running ThreadX OS.
- Developer on the GUI team for AX/4000 software optical test equipment (OC48, OC192) using Win32 API and C++.
- Member of company "Tech Council" - Investigate and lead company in new technologies and propose standards for shared use of technologies across sites.
- Worked as a consultant to design and develop enhancements to their E-Stamp Internet Postage software using C++, MFC, COM, and ATL.
- Developed Master Symbol Library maintenance software for Kimball International comprised of a large MSAccess97 application that uses ActiveX automation of Excel and AutoCAD to generate and maintain their symbol library and product data.
- Developed facilities management software using AutoCAD, Lisp, and Visual C++ for Delta Airlines. This software was used to manage several large buildings at their headquarters in Atlanta.
- Technical Advisor to Ellen Finkelstein, author of AutoCAD 2000 Bible. Wrote sample code and much of the text for the chapter on VBA.
Intellicon Incorporated / Jacksonville, FL August 1986 - December 1996 Systems Programmer
- Developed software for contract furniture manufacturers and dealers that perform layout, quotation, and order entry. Applications used AutoCAD for 2D/3D layout using custom symbol libraries, C/C++ and Lisp routines and xBASE programs.
- Created utilities for maintaining large catalog database and catalog access routines used by other software using xBASE (Clipper).
- Involved in all aspects of software development process including analysis, design, development, packaging, documentation, and technical support.